I have been struggling with an icky cold that has been muscling its way into my life. I tried to keep it at bay, but due to lack of sleep and not paying attention to what I have been eating, it got me! The tea below really helped to soothe my throat, clear my nose and de-fuzz my head. A lot of this is done to taste. Have fun with it!
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1-2 inch hunks of fresh ginger root (peeled and chopped into small, but hearty pieces)
- 1 lemon (squeeze the juice into the saucepan; it’s ok if the seeds fall in as you will strain the concoction)
- 1-2 cinammon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (extract is fine as long as it is not imitation)
- 1 -2 teaspoons local, raw honey (to taste)
What To Do:
- Put ingredients 1-5 in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. I prefer to add the honey at the end. Simmering it for a few minutes will really bring out the flavor.
- Strain into a mug and enjoy!