I decided to make over my cleaning products using all natural items on the Terrific Twenty list. My goal was two fold:
- Make the process and product super simple.
- Limit waste as much as possible.
For the past few weeks I have been using up my existing cleaning products and placing them in a paper bag for future reuse. I also began adding other containers such as shampoo bottles. Thanks to this pre planning I was totally prepared to quickly whip up my new, all natural set of cleaning products!
In keeping with my first goal (SIMPLE), I chose the four products I use most frequently for the make over.
- Glass Cleaner
- Surface Cleaner
- Disinfectant Wipes
The make over portion of this was so simple; it took about ten minutes. I used the original containers and refilled them with the new products (except the scrub). Easy, simple, quick.
- Glass Cleaner: Undiluted white vinegar
- Surface Cleaner: 2 cups water, 2 cups white vinegar, 10 drops essential oil of choice
- Scrub: Baking soda
- Disinfectant Wipes: For all of the following options you will start with a paper towel roll, cut it to fit your container, place it in the container (mashing ok), mix up the liquid ingredients, pour over paper towel. Once the paper towels have absorbed the liquid you may remove the cardboard center in order to pull the wipes through. OPTION A: paper towel roll cut to fit your container, 2 Tablespoons castille soap, 1 cup water, 8-10 drops essential oil of your choice (optional). OPTION B: paper towel roll cut to fit your container, 2 T white vinegar, 1 cup water, 8-10 drops essential oil of your choice (optional). OPTION C: paper towel roll cut to fit your container, 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 teaspoon liquid dish soap, 8-10 drops essential oil of your choice (optional)