I thought it would be fun to put together a little Valentine’s Day activity for kids using one of the ingredients on my list of twenty. The activity I came up with involves using lemon juice to create invisible ink for writing loving messages.
What You Need
- Red and white paper
- Lemon juice
What To Do
- Create a pocket by folding a piece of contruction paper horizontally, leaving a little tab at the top.
- Seal the edges using staples or tape.
- Using a q-tip and lemon juice (do not diulute with water), write simple messages on pieces of white paper. Examples: XO, a heart, I love you
- Allow lemon juice messages to dry.
- Place the messages in the construcion paper pocket.
- Give to loved ones and instruct them to hold the secrect messages up to light (lamp, sunny window, etc) to reveal what they say.